[Centos] NNTP versus web forums

Avtar Gill avtargill at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 02:23:26 UTC 2005

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:53:37 -0500, Jim Zajkowski <jim at jimz.net> wrote:
> I see that a number of questions are being answered on the new web
> forum that is now part of the centos site.  And the mailing lists  So
> now there are two places to search, both the forum and the mailing list
> archives.
>
> This is just doubles the work required to follow along or find a
> solution.

That's funny because the thought about having "two places to search"
occurred to me a couple of days ago when I read the following two
posts:

http://lists.caosity.org/pipermail/centos/2005-January/001496.html
http://lists.caosity.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2005-January/000574.html

I am new to Centos so correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that
developers and end users were initially corresponding with each other
via mailing lists.  In my opinion, redirecting some future discussions
to the web forums while leaving others on the mailing lists seems
counter productive.

I'm not familiar with the CMS software that is being used at
centos.org but is there any mailing list <-> web forum software
available for it?