[Centos] NNTP versus web forums

Matt Shields mattboston at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 12:12:15 UTC 2005

I'm not a fan of IRC too old and clunky(not to mention I find it
extemely hard to follow multiple conversations.  NNTP is old and
outdated as well and I'm not a fan of subscribing to Yahoo Groups.
And Maillists keep clogging up my mail box, but a lot of discussions
go on there, so I use them.  I believe the maillists were originally
for users to communicate problems with the developers, which is the
easiest way for developers to keep up.

Personally, I prefer WebForums, but their only downfall(which a lot of
people don't like) is you have to keep checking the site for new
posts, or set alerts to notify you of updates to topics or new topics.

I know the FedoraForum.org website has some way where they've
incorporated a couple newgroups into their forum
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50  They probably
set a email address up to catch newgroup posts and filter them
directly into the database.

--
Matt Shields
http://masnetworks.biz