[Centos] PHP+Oracle problem

Mezei Zoltan

mz269 at hszk.bme.hu
Fri Jan 14 19:25:35 UTC 2005

Hi!

I have succesfully installed Oracle 9.2.0.4 on Centos. Everything is
fine with it.

Then I recompiled php-4.3.2-19.ent.src.rpm with
rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'oracle 1' php-4.3.2-19.ent.src.rpm
The compilation was successful, and I got the php and the php-oci8
rpms.

Then I installed them both. After this one running the following PHP
script:
<?php
$c = ocilogon("wonttell", "wonttell", "WONTTELL");
ocilogoff($c);
?>
by issuing the command:
php < oracle_test.php
executed with segfault.

The strace output is available at:
http://www.telefor1.hu:7000/segfault.txt

Strance, but when invoked the script from the web it runs flawlessly.

Can anybody point to a solution that solves this problem?
--
Zizi