[Centos] PHP+Oracle problem

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Fri Jan 14 19:42:15 UTC 2005

A very long time ago (it's been years since I've used Oracle), when
doing this similar thing it ended up binding LDAP out of Oracle as well,
which in turn caused all sorts of problems and crashes.

Check your PHP compile, and make sure it's not pulling any errant
libraries out of your Oracle installation, instead of using the ones
that are "normal"; it's possible that on the commandline your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (sic) is including Oracle libs (and segfaulting), but
from the web it's finding the GNU or whatever ones and working fine.

Looking at your stack trace, it doesn't look like an errant DSO load, so
it might have gotten compiled in statically to PHP; check maybe your
config.log and so forth.

just an idea,
-te

--