[Centos] RHEL 4 => CentOS 4

Karanbir Singh Mail-Lists at karan.org
Mon Jan 17 11:54:42 UTC 2005

Michiel van Es wrote:

> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 11:25 +0100, Michiel van Es wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I would like to try to switch from CentOS 3.4 => CentOS 4 beta.

You might want to keep in mind that this upgrade is not really a good
idea, since there are packages that have changed ( imapd for eg. ) - and
any straight yum-like upgrade will leave behind orphaned apps from the
3.x tree.

> Well..perhaps it is better to switch to the Final then..but will the
> upgrade to 4 Final be much better with yum then the 4 beta?

Unlikely, the best approach is still going to be to use Anaconda, as
Johnny has said.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/