[Centos] rpm db

JCT jct at panonet.net
Tue Jan 18 12:28:20 UTC 2005

Here is the full story.

I was trying to remove an rpm from my server and a typo meant that I
accidently removed the rpm-4.2.3-10.i386.rpm RPM (ouch !!!).

In an attempt to recover I have another server with Centor 3.4 so I copied the
/bin/rpm script and /usr/lib/rpmrc script on to my knakered server (I thought
the rpm had not changed between these two releases).
I made the permission on /usr/lib/rpm the as those on the working server.

The last resort is to re-install the server. But if someone can send me the
/bin/rpm and /use/lib/rpmrc files then that may work am I right ?

--
Regards
JC