[Centos] centos4/rhes4 - mysql4?

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Fri Jan 21 18:19:01 UTC 2005

Thanks for the URL, Donovan. Ok this really is not good, is it still the
licensing snafu/issue with MySQL 4.x that Redhat doesn't like? Something
about a change regarding to linking to 4.x libs and the LGPL I remember
reading...

Increasing we're having to hybrid all our servers (run the mysql client
RPMS for 3.x, but server binaries for 4.0 over in /usr/local/) for more
and more projects that need the 4.0 features. I've also read that with
4.1 server binaries, the 3.x client apps will no longer work?

sigh. They're killin us out here in the trenches...

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com