[Centos] RAID card recommendation

Seth Bardash seth at integratedsolutions.org
Tue Jan 25 18:30:17 UTC 2005

If you want to use IDE we recommend the 3ware 7500 series and they work with
CentOS without any changes.

If you are looking for SATA we recommend the 3ware 9500 series for
performance. This card does require some work to get it installed and
running properly. If you need help doing this we can provide the needed
explanations and guidance.

You did not mention what Raid level you wanted to run, how much storage you
needed nor what system this was going into.

If it's a single or dual 32 bit athlon or opterons running with 32 bit
Centos the driver disks for the 3ware 9500 series are on our web site.

Seth Bardash

Integrated Solutions and Systems
1510 North Gate Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80921