[Centos] Secure server install

Beau Henderson silentbob at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 16:49:13 UTC 2005

Well now that really depends on what your going to have installed on
the server. Will it handle mail? mysql or other databases ? web
serving, etc ? Will you have any control panel system installed on
this system ?

Here's an example of one of my systems which handles everything:

/dev/hda6            1012M  238M  723M  25% /
/dev/hda1             244M   21M  210M   9% /boot
/dev/hda7              91G   19G   68G  22% /home
none                 1004M     0 1004M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/hda5             2.0G   33M  1.8G   2% /tmp
/dev/hda2             9.7G  2.9G  6.3G  31% /usr
/dev/hda3             9.7G  1.8G  7.5G  19% /var

Generally a 512 - 1 GB is enough for tmp. The size of each really
depends upon what software you'll have installed and where it places
its files.
--
Beau Henderson
http://www.iminteractive.net