[Centos] Open/Closed Ports

Tue Jan 11 04:22:01 UTC 2005
Wayne Bastow <ayu.njoman at gmail.com>

Hi,

Just installed CentOS 3.3. I said to allow only http and ssh when I
did the install. I can ssh to the machine and until I compiled apache
2 and installed it seperately I could connect to the default web
server. I am running oracle on the box and have found that I can't
connect remotely to oracle from another linux box (sql*net works fine
on the CentOS box itself). I think it is because the port (oracle is
on 1521) is blocked. Can anyone give me an idea of where to start?
I've looked at hosts.deny/allow  and they both contain no entries and
I can't find anything in /etc that seems to be involved in the
problem.

Thanks,
Wayne