[Centos] samba-3.0.9-1.3E.2

Thu Jan 6 16:40:00 UTC 2005
tom at tomseeley.co.uk <tom at tomseeley.co.uk>

Quoting donavan nelson <donavan at 4wx.net>:

> Tom Seeley wrote:
>
> >I wouldn't normally hurry you guys about a package release, (because you're
> >doing an excellent job), but any eta on the above?
> >
> >samba-3.0.9-1.3E.1 is in the current repos and that install seriously
> fubar'd my
> >ADS + winbind setup.  samba-3.0.9-1.3E.2 (which requires krb5-libs-1.2.7-31)
> >fixes the problem.
> >
> >NB, samba-3.0.7-1.3E.1 (the old version) was fine for me, its only this
> >intermediate version that's hosed.
> >
> >Thanks for you on going efforts,
> >
> Look at this thread for an explanation:
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=34&forum=11

Your reasoning regarding <https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2004-542.html> is
understandable; redhat have it marked as an enhancement.  However,
<https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2004-699.html> is a "bug fix" which just
happens to rely on the afor mentioned "enhancment".  Which is counter-intuitive
to me (and you I imagine aswell).

I will delay finishing my updates until you've pushed out U4, and I suggest
everyone else using winbind+ads does the same.

Thanks again,

Tom.