[Centos] CentOS 3.4 - i386 release

Tue Jan 11 09:23:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 10:05 +0100, Michiel van Es wrote:
> I manually installed the centos-yumcache.
> But what to do next to upgrade your box from 3.3 => 3.4 ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Michiel

It was in your post :)

<snip>
> > To manually upgrade to CentOS-3.4 (now)
> > ---------------------------------------
> >
> > first
> >
> > rpm -ivh
> > http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3.4/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/centos-yumcache-3.1-0.20050105.3.noarch.rpm
> >
> > (to avoid the header downloads)
> >
> > (Note: If you had poreviously upgraded from CentOS 3.1 then you will
> > already have a cento s-yumcache rpm installed and rpm will complain , in
> > which case use rpm -Fvh)
> >
> > rpm -Fvh
> > http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3.4/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/centos-release-3-4.2.i386.rpm
> >
> > (to get the new releasever)
> >
> > then
> >
> > yum update
</snip>

So, force the install of centos-release-3-4.2.i386.rpm ... verify
your /etc/yum.conf points to (for addons):

http://xxx.whatever.com/xxx/centos/$releasever/addons/$basearch

(you would do the same for all the other sections besides addons that
you want upgrades for ... like extras, os, contrib, centosplus,
updates ... the xxx.wahtever.com/xxx are madeup, the path
after /centos/$releasever/addons/$basearch is what is important)

Here is an example yum.conf file that works:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=101&forum=21#forumpost272

--
Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>