[Centos] Re: centos] Modprobe errors during startup on CentOS 3.4 (with more detail on the error)

Thu Jan 13 01:46:55 UTC 2005
Johnn Tan <waterbuffalo at fastmail.fm>

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:55:23 -0500 (EST), "R P Herrold"
<herrold at owlriver.com> said:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, WipeOut wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the suggestion Russ.. Unfortunately it didn't help.. :(
> >
> > I have now done about 10 installs to try and narrow down what is causing it..
> >
> > The following error..
> > "modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-43"
>
> this is, as I recall, a software raid driver message -- if you
> are not using sw raid, add to /etc/modules.conf
>
> alias block-major-43 off

I also got this in doing LVM & RAID. But I *am* doing software RAID. I'm
pretty sure you can still do the alias trick even if you're doing
software RAID. I did this three months ago, and have had no problems
whatsoever. However, I do not know what it means or if it's an actual
problem with anything. And google was not my friend.

johnn