[Centos] Problem with SCSI controllers: Anaconda (and kernel option for grub/lilo)

Thu Jan 13 12:55:06 UTC 2005
Ryan Lane <ryanlane at gmail.com>

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:26:37 +0100, Ralph Angenendt
<ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:

> Is there any possibility (be it software or hardware if anyone knows the
> x360) to tell CentOS, that the ServeRaid controller has to be recognized
> as the first controller and the QLogic as the second? This goes for
> installation *and* operation later on, by way of a kernel command line
> or whatever.

Possibly.  For operation later on it should be easy enough...just
rebuild your initrd, and have the ServeRaid controller modules load
first, the the QLogic.  This should be able to be done by editing
modules.conf and switching the order of your scsi_hostadapter aliases.
 I haven't actually done this with scsi adapters, but I really think
that will work.

As for during the installation, I'm not sure, maybe somebody else can
chime in.  But I think if you choose to do the "expert" mode during
installation you can manually load the modules one at a time.

-Ryan