[Centos] centos4/rhes4 - mysql4?

Sat Jan 22 02:28:14 UTC 2005
Paul <subsolar at subsolar.org>

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 15:39 -0600, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
> I'm beginning to wonder whether PostgresSQL wouldn't be the better
> solution...

I've thought it is ... the only reason to prefer MySQL in the past has
been better read performance.  By every other metric I've felt that
PostgresSQL is a "better" database and have wondered why everybody was
using MySQL for everything.  The only reason I can think of is the
"network effect" which is one of the reasons Windows is popular
(everybody knows somebody that knows it).

Paul