[Centos] Re: centos] [Fwd: problems with ppp]

Wed Jan 26 09:23:27 UTC 2005
R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Michiel van Es wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed CentOS 3.3 and kept the machine up2date.
> I installed poptop and the newest ppp-cvs version (
> ppp-2.4.3-0.cvs_20040527.6)
>
> We are running a ssh + ppp tunnel for our internet tunnel/tunnel to our NOC.

sounds like the problems have little to do with the PPP
shipped with Centos (derived from RHEL).  It may make sense to
ask on a ppp list.

That said, it is possible to turn the kdebug and debug levels
'wayy up -- and then, following  the PPP man page, see where
the conversation is falling apart -- it is probably the most
helpful man page set there is, for diagnostic purposes.

- Russ Herrold