[Centos] Whitebox to CentOS upgrade

Sat Jan 29 17:41:49 UTC 2005
Milan Keršláger <milan.kerslager at pslib.cz>

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 11:00:48AM +0100, xspace wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 27.01.2005, 09:56 +0000 schrieb first last:
>  read this http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=19

This is not enough. There is rpmdb-whitebox and some other packages you
have to replace to get fully working system.

rpm -qa | grep 'WB\|whitebox'

Replace all packagec from the output above with appropriate packages
from Centos. Sometimes this could be a package with -centos instead of
-whitebox. In this case you have to remove old and install new by hand
(you may use rpm -e --nodeps and then rpm -Uvh to replace package with
different name).

In case you have WB only in release number, rpm -Uvh --force package
should be sufficient.

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager at pslib.cz