[Centos] Re: centos] PXE boot Centos 4.0beta problems

Mon Jan 31 20:34:27 UTC 2005
Alan Sparks <asparks at quris.com>

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:15:45 -0500 (EST)
  R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Alan Sparks wrote:
>
>> Has anyone yet tried PXE booting the vmlinuz/initrd.img
>>set from Centos
>> 4.0beta2?
>
> yes - some differing things -- it runs the isntaller in
>X rather than in text mode for FTP based installs.  This
>causes horkage when the video card is not well suported.

Surprises me, since the video (on a new Compaq DL360)
seemed to work OK on Centos 3.  This appears to be a
kernel crash right when the install kernel gets control...
never actually begins a boot sequence.

Using HTTP-based install, which doesn't support the
X-based installer.
-Alan