[CentOS] Syslog & charset issues

Jamie Pratt

jpratt at norwich.edu
Sun Jul 3 03:40:34 UTC 2005

hi, i am running the latest centos 4.1 on a vmware esx server - i'm
having an issue where all my iptables output is being echoed to the
vmware primary console, yet my syslog conf is the same as on a rh es4
server.. anyone run into this before, or know how to shut the console
logging of iptables off alltogether?

also, i'm seeing "%2C" in some logs instead of spaces, and man pages
have weird characters as well, and all basic env vars are the same
between both rh es4 and 4.1, (lang, etc) .. i'm using LANG=en_US.UTF-8
on both. anyone run into this issue either? (I've also seen it on one
es3 server before, but it went away with some "up2dates")..

thanks,
jamie