[CentOS] Re: Hot swap CPU

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Mon Jul 4 02:10:00 UTC 2005

Chris Mauritz wrote:
> Johnny Hughes wrote:

>> Believe it or not ... there is a plan for a future SPARC distro for
>> CentOS.  It is only in the planning stages now :)
>>
>> There is already an beta 4.1 release for the ALPHA processor.
>>

> Why?  Are there THAT many of these boxes laying around to overcome the
> PITA factor of generating a new release?

Er...  I have an E150 in my basement.  One of the two power supplies
died couple of months ago, so it is collecting dust right now.  I was
playing with Aurora (rebuild of Fedora Core for sparc64), Debian and
OpenBSD while it was still in usable condition.  If it was still
working, I'd give CentOS a try as soon as it was released ;-)