[CentOS] CentOS 4.1 Apache

Mon Jul 4 10:47:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 00:10 -0500, Mike Kercher wrote:

> [...]

Absoultely true ... you must have sepearate IP addresses for https
sites ... BECAUSE ... the http headers have to be unencrypted before the
server can find out what the virtual host is (the server can't read the
location you are trying to get to while the header is still encrypted).
So, the system has to pick a certificate to use to decode the request if
there are multiple ones listed for that IP.