[CentOS] Evolution rpm for CentOS?

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov
Thu Jul 7 21:14:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 14:40 -0600, Greg Knaddison wrote:
> On 7/7/05, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> > You want to try FC3 src.rpm's first - they are more likely to get you a
> > better-fit.
> >
> > But sometimes its just not that simple, eg. Evolution. To get the latest
> > / greatest - you are looking to, pretty much, rebuild the entire gnome
> > platform and move to 2.10

So it seems.  Had a shot at building FC4 evolution and it turned into
way more packages than I really wanted to replace to get an updated
evolution.  Gave up after about 6 rounds of
building/installing/building-new-deps/installing and reverted to CentOS4
and/or FC3 evolution RPMS and dependencies, as documented elsewhere in
the thread.

> > ( you could do the garnome way if you like... not much fun, if its a
> > simple drop in install you want )
> >

> I realize I asked a kind of ridiculous question - but was curious if
> there were a good answer - seems not.  Especially as FC3 goes EOL in a
> few months...

Well, a more stable (IMHO and experience) FC3-rebuilt set of evolution
RPMS might be an intermediate answer until a better solution comes from
upstream.  Still think it might be a candidate for centosplus.

Phil

P.S.
FC3 evolution rebuild is working well for me on x86_64 as well as i386
arch.