[CentOS] CentOS 4 post installation of all packages

Karanbir Singh Mail-Lists at karan.org
Fri Jul 15 19:15:58 UTC 2005

dan1 wrote:
> I have installed CentOS 4 on a server in a hosting company and I realise
> that not all packages have been installed.

as has already been pointed out - you dont really need all the packages
from the distro. Just install what you need.

> I am in fear that there would be other packages installed than only the
> ones from the default CentOS install by typing 'yum install *' if this
> is possible.

If you have not added any more external repositories, no external
packages will be installed.

Try something like this 'yum install *.noarch *.i386 *.i686'  - that
will bring in everything from the CentOS repository.

- K

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc