[CentOS] CentOS on Compaq Proliant Rackmount Servers

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Jul 15 19:47:11 UTC 2005

On 7/15/05 12:33 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:

> Can anyone relate experience(s) installing CentOS on Compaq rack mount
> servers units please?
>
> Easy no problem, easy some issues, or ghastly do not do it under any
> circumstances... ;)
>
> Basically, I'm looking at some used/refurb dual PIII units and will run RAID
> on Compaq built in SCSI or is it easy to pop in some 3ware SATA in them?

I've not used CentOS per se, but I've done a half-dozen Red Hat and
Fedora Core installations on DL380s -- some from prior with the merger
with HP, some post-merger -- and everything has always just worked. The
Smart Array cards produce very solid performance. I love the DL3XX
product line.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com