[CentOS] frozen centos 3 server

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Sat Jul 16 01:08:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 11:25:56AM +1200, Tom enlightened us:
> It doesn't appear to be changing runlevels (how would it by itself?),
> nothing at all in the logs from when it stops working to when it reboots
> (after pushing the button).

I've been running into this on one of my RHEL3 servers. Pre-existing
processes continue to run, but everything else (including logging) just
stops. Rebooting from the power switch is the best I can do in that
situation.

If anyone has suggestions where to start trying to debug, I'd be happy to
listen.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak