[CentOS] which rpm has libnss_files.a

Robin Mordasiewicz robin at bullseye.tv
Sun Jul 17 23:35:45 UTC 2005

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 11:16 -0400, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
>>>>
>>> Per http://rpm.pbone.net, this library is part of the mozilla-nss package.
>>
>> I searched pbone for this file but it does not show any results for
>> CentOS.
>
> why do you need it?

I am trying to get the condor grid engine to work on my x86_64 Centos,
condor ships as a i386 binary. I have installed the i386 compatible
packages. condor ships with a libnss_files.a but the library does not
work.

<snip>
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /proj/condor/lib/libnss_files.a when searching for -lnss_files
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /proj/condor/lib/libnss_files.a when searching for -lnss_files
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnss_files
</snip>

I thought that perhaps I could replace those files with ones from my
distro and it may work.