[CentOS] CentOS on Compaq Proliant Rackmount Servers

Robert Hanson roberth at abbacomm.net
Mon Jul 18 19:23:23 UTC 2005

Greetings!

I wish to thank everyone for their testimony regarding this "CentOS on
Compaq Proliant Rackmount Servers" thread.

The basics have been answered and I am grateful.

Even though I can fund brand new shiny latest greatest fastest I think it is
a foolish waste of money unless there is a true "need".

Is it currently worth getting used dual PIII 1850R's or should I start with
used dual PIII DL380's and like 1Ghz minimum processor speed?

I couldn't find used 1850R's on eBay with more than 600Mhz.

Although there are not thousands upon thousands of clients there is A LOT of
bandwidth to service.

Remember, the goal here is to have a bunch of happy little CentOS boxen
purring away. :)

I have several custom built units, yet I need more!

 - rh