[CentOS] 4g/4g

Wayne wayne at nightsol.net
Wed Jul 20 12:42:33 UTC 2005

On 20/07/2005 12:44, "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:

> I haven't messed with Fedora Core 4 other than installing it.
>
> What 32-bit/PAE36 memory model are they moving to as standard?

Going back to 3gig kernel space 1gig userspace, that's how stock kernels are
isnt it? 4g/4g was a redhat feature I think..

I wanted to install fedora before under virtual pc on a mac and was told
that 4g/4g was why it failed to boot, heard it was out of FC4 so wondered if
it was in or out of centos4 (I know the two arent really related just
thought somebody would have a quick answer on here but since I think 4g/4g
came from redhat + centos 4 is based on redhats srpms then I suppose I
shouldn't have asked since im now answering my own question..)

Thanks,
 Wayne