[CentOS] Trying to compile, incompatible libraries? Cento4

Edward Croft croftale at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 16:41:42 UTC 2005

On 7/20/05, Bruno Delbono <bruno.s.delbono at mail.ac> wrote:
> Edward Croft wrote:
>
> > How would I find out if libdl.so.2 have _dl_lookup_symbol included? What is nm?
> > Forgive me, I am not a programmer anymore. I last programmed in COBOL
> > days. I am the systems person and we upgraded to CentOS from RHAS21
> > and now the programmer can't compile. He gave it to me to figure it
> > out. I understand makefiles, et al to a point that I have to compile
> > drivers and such, but my expertise is limited in this area. But always
> > willing to learn a new trick.
>
> How are you compiling the program? What are the arguments you're passing?

The Makefile looks like this:
include ../rapijni/Makefile

USPS_MODULES = standardizer_lib.c zip4_lnx.a

usps: $(USPS_MODULES)
        gcc $(CFLAGS_JVM) -DUNIX -DDLL_BUILD -shared -o libusps_lib.so $^

standardizer: standardizer.c zip4_lnx.a
        gcc296 -v  -B /usr/lib/i386-redhat-linux3E/lib/ \
        -B /usr/lib/i386-redhat-linux7/lib/ \
               -I /usr/lib/i386-redhat-linux7/include \
               -DUNIX $^ -o standardizer
usps_clean:
        rm -f *.o *.so *test standardizer

And no, I cannot recompile the zip4_lnx.a program. That is the one
giving errors.

--
If the sane say the insane are insane,
What if the sane are insane?