[CentOS] Re: New to CentOS, and wondering about application availability

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Jul 27 16:00:03 UTC 2005

Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> His logic is travelling thusly.

I don't blame his logic one bit.
Especially since he's new.
I tried to explain it as best as I could.

In fact, even the latest Unofficial Fedora FAQ was saying
that FC4 -> RHEL4, which is not correct at all.  This is what
I meant by "not a day goes by ..."

Whether people run RHEL/CentOS or not, it's based on Fedora
Core.  And as long as Red Hat doesn't make it simple to
understand how the distros relate, when someone has an issue
trying to use a Fedora Core package, I'll try to explain it.

I thought I did it rather briefly (at least for me).