[CentOS] Re: Using CentOS as a file server on a win2K domain

Ugo Bellavance ugob at camo-route.com
Wed Jul 27 18:25:03 UTC 2005

Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	What I have:
>
> - One Win2K server (Exchange, Print and File sharing).
> - One CentOS server
>
> I'd like to transfer the "Print and File sharing" task from the Win2K
> server to

Sorry, accidentally pressed ctrl-Enter.

So I'd like to transfer the "Print and File sharing" to the CentOS box.
 I found this

http://samba.idealx.org/smbldap-howto.en.html

but I wonder if someone has a better (or simpler) idea.  I just want to
transfer the data from the win2k machine to the CentOS, and ideally have
nothing to do on the client configuration.

The goal is to reduce the load on the win2k machine, which is a compaq
dual PIII 1.3, 2 GB RAM, 10K SCSI disks Raid 5.

TIA

--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.