[CentOS] SD Card Reader not being recognized

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Thu Jul 28 12:38:24 UTC 2005

I did the following:

[root at localhost codecs]# modprobe usb-storage
[root at localhost codecs]# lsmod | grep ^usb_storage
usb_storage            61193  0
[root at localhost codecs]#

And now when I plug in the card reader, I can hear the hard drive make
some noises indicating that some kind of response is happening.

However, when I put a card into the card reader, nothing happens. I
tried putting the card in after connecting the USB cable, and also
after, just for experiments sake. Still, nothing happens.

Dave