[CentOS] SD Card Reader not being recognized

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Thu Jul 28 13:05:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 09:45:53PM +0900, Dave Gutteridge enlightened us:
> >You might also try running the dmesg command after plugging an SD card in
> >see if it is recognized by the system at all.
> >
> This is the result of dmesg:
>
> Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
> usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
> USB Mass Storage support registered.
> usb 1-1.1: new full speed USB device using address 7
> scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
>  Vendor: BUFFALO   Model: CF CARD Reader    Rev: 3.06
>  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> USB Mass Storage device found at 7
> Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
> Device not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.

Looks like that's the root of your problem. Why that's the case, I'm not
sure. I don't have any external readers like that, so perhaps someone else
with a little more experience with them can point you in the right
direction. Googling the error might help as well.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics