[CentOS] Tyan Thunder K8SE S2892 Report

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Jul 28 22:37:05 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> Is that the 550EPS12V?  Or just the regular 550?

It's the EPS 12V. Tyan's website is *very* clear about which PSU is
required.

> Isn't that an ATX case, and _not_ an EATX/SSI EEB case?
> There are (not including newer BTX, or older formats):
>    FlexATX:   9.0" x  7.5"
>   MicroATX:   9.6" x  9.6"
>        ATX:  12.0" x  9.6"
>    Ext ATX:  12.0" x 13.0"
>    SSI EEB:  12.0" x 13.0" + additional height/spacing/thermal

Its pretty clear that it's an EATX case. My bad. Do you have an SSI EEB
case you like?

> Turn off PowerNOW in the BIOS.  It's what's slowing down your CPUs.
> Everything I've read says do _not_ use it on a server.

I'll go back and look, but I didn't see any entry specifically for
PowerNow. Plus as I said, installing kernel 2.6.12.3 fixed the errors.

> Or consider RAID-10.  Send some benchmarks of that.  ;->
> Make sure you have the latest 3Ware driver and firmware for the 9500S
> series.  Also consider the "tweaks" on 3Ware's site.

Will do. I'll run the benchmarks tonight.