[CentOS] Tyan Thunder K8SE S2892 Report

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Jul 28 23:13:37 UTC 2005

William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

> Monarch lists 3 1U all-copper-no-fan heat sinks that I bet would work.
> Please note the speculative nature of that recommendation !!!! I have
> been aiming for an Opteron based system for a while now, that's why I
> joined this list :-).

I didn't find anything on NewEgg. I'll see what Monarch has. AMD's stock
fan and heat sink is about 50mm high. If I can get it down to about 25mm
I should be good to go.

Does anyone have any notes on heat sink-only cooling. I'm sure it
depends on airflow in the case (which is good in my case) but I'd like
to hear any experiences.