[CentOS] Version of php on Centros 4.1

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Fri Jul 29 04:25:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 20:54 -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
> Ignacio -
>
> Thank you!  Currently, I am running RH 9 for testing php apps and for
> ftp to my clients.  On my "play" box, I have FC 3, but I would like to
> have something solid running on it so that I can migrate everything
> over to the "play" box while I install something that is more current
> on the production box and migrate everything back.

Fedora 3 is fine for a temporary machine; there's nothing "wrong" with
it. CentOS 4 and Fedora 3 are mostly at parity, but CentOS's longer
lifecycle makes it a better choice for servers or corporate desktops
that you don't want to upgrade every year.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://centos.ivazquez.net/