[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4 install DVD

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Jul 29 13:00:58 UTC 2005

William Hooper wrote:
> No, I don't.  And I have a link, too.
> ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/iso/

Yep, I've been downloading the DVD version since Fedora Core 2.
(I've had DVD-R(G) drives since they first came out)

I used to main my own NFS install repository before that, and sometimes
I'd plunk down DVD-RAM discs for remote systems.

BTW, what is the deal with Red Hat not putting the DVD isos on the HTTP
service?  Is it because of all the HTTP clients that don't support >2GiB
files and they don't want to do with it (I assume)?  Or something with
Apache or another service on their side?

  FC3$ curl -V
  curl 7.12.3 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.12.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
    zlib/1.2.1.2 libidn/0.5.6
  Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
  Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz
                                   ^^^^^^^^^

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->