[CentOS] Changing from IDE to SCSI

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov
Fri Jul 29 18:58:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 14:10 -0400, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> 	If I clone one IDE-equipped server to a SCSI-equipped server, what do I
> have to do?  re-do the label then fstab in rescue mode?

Can even rewrite the labels and fstab with both disks mounted on the
same machine after doing the cloning operation - just don't reboot with
duplicate labels present.  May have to fix anything left in fstab that
refers to /dev/hdXM, changing to /dev/sdYN.  Will likely have to build
an initrd in rescue mode to get the SCSI support into it.  Will of
course need to grub-install on the new disk in rescue mode.

Phil