[CentOS] What do you think about this motherboard?

Tue Jul 5 04:16:02 UTC 2005
Shawn M. Jones <smj at littleprojects.org>

Feizhou wrote:

> Shawn M. Jones wrote:
>

>> All I can do is reiterate my experience with a 3ware 9500 and a
>> motherboard with a VIA chipset.  The two don't play well together.  I
>> switched to a Supermicro with an entirely Intel chipset (earlier
>> rendition of the one it looks like you're looking at), and have had
>> no downtime since.
>

> Shawn,
>
> Can you please tell us which VIA chipset? I know some from the Apollo
> line were horrendous since they had PCI latency issues.

Feizhou,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys.  I've been at a
mind-numbing government conference all week.  I also had to unearth the
old hardware to find the chipset.

The southbridge chipset on the motherboard is VT8233A.  I believe the
northbridge is the KT266A chipset, but can't tell because it's covered
by a heatsink and fan.  The motherboard is an A-Bit KR7A-133 (no RAID).

Hope this helps,

Shawn M. Jones