[CentOS] DHCPd Config

Tue Jul 5 21:03:24 UTC 2005
Lee W <centos-list at unassemble.co.uk>

Johnny Hughes wrote:

<snip>

>You need to do ip-masquerading to pass traffic thru a linux box as a
>gateway.  That requires 2 NICs and an iptables script which does
>masquerading
>
>I use this script to setup that kind of box:
>http://ldp.hughesjr.com/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/stronger-firewall-examples.html#RC.FIREWALL-2.4.X-STRONGER

Is it absolutely necessary to use IP-Masq / NAT in order to setup Linux
as a Router?

 I'm trying to setup a few Linux machines (Centos of course) as
convential routers as opposed to Gateways so that I can learn more about
routing between them on various Subnets.

All the How-To's I've found talk about Masq, I would appreciate if
anyone can point me in the direction of a convential Linux router howto.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Lee