[CentOS] Yum problem

Thu Jul 21 14:59:47 UTC 2005
Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org>

Anyone tell me why I am suddenly getting this error, I did an RPM
rebuild remove all the duff db files from /var/lib/rpm, uninstalled yum
re-installed it from the CD, still doesn't work:

yum -y update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up Repos
addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 7, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 68, in main
    result, resultmsgs = base.doCommands()
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 413, in doCommands
    return self.updatePkgs()
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 932, in updatePkgs
    self.doRepoSetup()
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 89, in doRepoSetup
    self.doSackSetup()
  File "__init__.py", line 143, in doSackSetup
  File "repos.py", line 243, in populateSack
  File "mdcache.py", line 103, in getPrimary
  File "mdcache.py", line 90, in _getGeneric
  File "mdcache.py", line 62, in _unpickle
EOFError