[CentOS] Software to monitor security logs and email ISPs?

Tue Jul 26 14:54:34 UTC 2005
Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com>

I know they have software that does this. I'm just not sure which one it
is. Basically here's the scoop. I'm on a cable modem connection with
Comcast. I have a firewall router and I run a firewall on CentOS as
well. All the same, other computers (probably zombies or hackers) are
attempting brute force attacks on a couple of ports on my computer. I've
just sat and watched them for some time. Not thinking that much of it.
But I'd like to actually do something about it and inform the ISPs of
said computers that that computer is compromised or being used by a
hacker. I know there is software out there that will monitor your logs,
reverse trace the IP address, and contact the ISP saying that at X time
on X day X IP address tried to brute force hack my machine. I guess it's
one of those things where I'm sick of seeing it come up in my security
log, so I'd like to start sending email to the ISPs to tell them to do
their job and enforce their rules for all the Windoze users out there.
But I don't want to take the time to do it manually. Any suggestions?

Preston