[CentOS] vsftpd and Kickstart

Thu Jul 28 00:58:09 UTC 2005
Ken Leyba <kenleyba at gmail.com>

I'm trying to setup a kickstart server that will use ftp.  I created a
user account and put the ISO images in /home/centos.  I created a
directory /home/centos/disc1 and mounted the first ISO image there.
When I try to do the ftp install I keep getting an error "Unable to
retrieve ftp://my.ftpserver.com//home/centos/disc1/CentOS/base/netstg2.img"
 I tried different versions of the ftp directory but the error above
is using /home/centos/disc1.

If I manually ftp into the machine and cd to
/home/centos/disc1/CentOS/base/ I can get netstg2.img.  However if I
do it like this it won't work:

ftp> get /home/centos/disc1/CentOS/base/netstg2.img
/home/centos/disc1/CentOS/base/netstg2.img
ftp> pwd
257 "/home/centos"

So, I don't know if vsftpd isn't configured correctly or if I'm not
doing something right with the kickstart install.  I haven't created a
kickstart file yet or mounted the other CD's, I just want to get the
install part working first.

Ken

-Pablo Picasso