[CentOS] SD Card Reader not being recognized

Thu Jul 28 12:10:00 UTC 2005
Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com>

I have a USB card reader that handles various card media, like SD cards,
Sony Memory Sticks, and two other formats that I can't even remember
what they are. I pretty much exclusively use it for SD cards.

With Fedora, when I plugged the card reader into the USB port, and then
inserted an SD card, it would automatically come up on the desk top.
However, this is not the case with CentOS. Nothing comes up.

Naturally, I searched Google for information, hoping that maybe it was
just a matter of downloading an RPM or something. But I did not come
across any information that helped.

Is there a setting that I need to activate in order for CentOS to
recognize SD Cards and/or the USB card reader?

Dave