[CentOS] Running another gnome or kde on virtual console

Sat Jul 30 07:23:43 UTC 2005
ijez <ijez at time.net.my>

Hi,

I'm still new in linux world and CentOS is my 2nd linux desktop I ever used ( have used it for month now, before using Ubuntu for 2 days ), so please gave me a little favor on it :)

What I need to do is to have my virtual console that can also run gnome or kde, so I can have different windows on different virtual console. After googling, I found the qingy that just fit for my need.

I try to install qingy ( http://qingy.sourceforge.net ) on my desktop by following the manual at qingy site with no luck :( after googling for the more installations howto, I found that most of it is for gentoo linux.. does anybody here with success story of it want to share info on installing it?

I have install directfb as required by qingy but when I run fbset, I got error about /dev/fb0 can't opening.. if I follow the manual on qingy site, it's should list the display mode.. anybody can brief me what the error is all about and how I could create the /dev/fb0 file?

When I go to virtual console ( alt+ctrl+f2 ), I got messages :
Warning : cannot get console framebuffer resolutions!
Unrecoverable error: reverting to text mode!

Anyone have any ideal what that means?

I have set :
video=vesafb:ywrap mtrr vga=0x317
at grub configurations after the kernel statement, anyone have any suggestions?

Anyone please shed me some light on this, and thanks in advances,
If anyone can guide me on howto to have X running on virtual-console, I really appreciate it and sorry for my bad english

Regards.
ijez