[CentOS] bash file direct execution

Sun Jul 31 13:56:53 UTC 2005
dan1 <dan1 at edenpics.com>

Hi all.

I have a little strange problem.
I created a file called 'test.sh' in the root directory containing:
#!/bin/sh
echo test

When I execute it with '/test.sh' there is no output.
When I source it by executing it with '. /test.sh' the output comes ok.
When I move it to '/root' and execute it with '/root/test.sh' then it works
perfectly.
When I move it to '/home' and execute it with '/home/test.sh' there is no
output.

Could someone tell me what I shoud do to make the script run without
sourcing it with '.' ?
This problem happens only on one CentOS 4 box I have, on the others it works
perfectly. What am I doing wrong ?
The permissions are 755 on the file itself, and I execute them logged as
root.

Thanks,
Daniel