[CentOS] Gnome Logouts -- are very slow or they hang -- 2nd post

Sun Jul 31 18:01:44 UTC 2005
BRUCE STANLEY <bruce.stanley at prodigy.net>

!
I just installed  Centos 4.1 (i386) on one of my test drives.

When ever I try to logout of a Gnome session,
it seems to hang but if I wait about 4-5 minutes it
will usually logout, although I have had it hang
a couple of times (never logs out).

When I do an ALT-TAB-F1, and log in as 'root',
I can see the following processes still hanging
around after Gnome finally does logout:

       /usr/libexec/gam_server
       /usr/bin/ssh_agent  -s

For every log in session I try, there is a copy of the 'ssh_agent'
still hanging around after Gnome finally logs out.

Could this be what's causing the problem?

KDE logins will also cause these two programs to hang aroud,
but it will usually logout in a timely fashion.

Any help would be appreciated.