[CentOS] Compaq cpqfc driver

Fri Jul 1 17:02:12 UTC 2005
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

bertchen at biomaps.rutgers.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile kernel 2.6.9-11.EL from kernel-sourcecode, and need
> the Compaq cpqfc HBA driver.  I see the code for the driver under
> drivers/scsi but when I do a "make menuconfig" I do not have the option to
> select it.  Any ideas on how I can get it to show up?

If you look in drivers/scsi/Kconfig it states:

# This is marked broken because it uses over 4kB of stack in
# just two routines:
#     2076  CpqTsProcessIMQEntry
#     2052  PeekIMQEntry
#
config SCSI_CPQFCTS
         tristate "Compaq Fibre Channel 64-bit/66Mhz HBA support"
         depends on PCI && SCSI && BROKEN
         help
           Say Y here to compile in support for the Compaq StorageWorks
Fibre
           Channel 64-bit/66Mhz Host Bus Adapter.

You have to unselect 'Select only drivers expected to compile cleanly'
in the 'Code maturity level options' to see this driver.

I assume it's marked as broken for a very good reason, so you may not
want to do this ...

RedHat/CentOS disable 8K stacks completely in these kernels, so you
might want to use a vanilla 2.6.X kernel with 8K stacks instead.

James Pearson