[CentOS] CentOS 4.1 Apache

Mon Jul 4 05:10:26 UTC 2005
Mike Kercher <mike at CamaroSS.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Collins Richey
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 10:17 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] CentOS 4.1 Apache

On 7/3/05, Peter Arremann <loony at loonybin.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 03 July 2005 22:06, Ben wrote:
> > NameVirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80
> >
> > <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>
> >     DocumentRoot /www/svgeek
> >     ServerName www.svgeek.com
> > </VirtualHost>
> >
> > <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>
> >     DocumentRoot /www/bluesky
> >     ServerName www.blueskyinnovations.com </VirtualHost>
> >
> > <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>
> >     DocumentRoot /www/bluesky
> >     ServerName www.power-boot.com
> > </VirtualHost>
> >

> > where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the external/public IP address.
> Looks good so far - is there anything logged in your error.log?
> Did this setup work (and you upgraded something) or is this something
> new you're trying to set up?

I would be curious to learn the answer. We have a related problem with
virtual hosts for https urls on REHL3 systems. The symptoms are similar, ie
the DocumentRoot for the http url is substituted for the https url. Don't
have the exact parameters available at home, but will look up and report
back.

--
 Collins

To my knowledge, you need a separate IP address for each https vhost, else
the default ssl cert is used.

Mike