[CentOS] CentOS 4.1 Apache

Mon Jul 4 05:25:38 UTC 2005
Ben <bluesky6 at ix.netcom.com>

I wrote:

%Okay, here's what I just did. I used the internal IP address (IP of
%the web server) instead of the external (world wide) IP address that
%www.svgeek.com resolves to.
%
%What happens is that the other 2 domains get mapped to the CentOS
%Apache Test Page.

I found out that the reason for that is that Apache could not find the
index.html file. So it defaulted to the Test Page.

So this solution works : by using the server's IP address (instead of
the world wide, external IP).

The problem in my case was that welcome.html was not accepted by this
version of Apache as equivalent to index.html. At least not out of the
box.

Thanks all.

Ben